It was a pleasure to welcome parents to our Assessment Evening . There was a strong feeling of parents and teachers working together in partnership ... so thank you to everyone who came along.
The feedback was very positive - below are just a few of the comments we received:
- 'I am excited and encouraged to hear such passion and excitement from teachers about this'
- 'Delivered with enthusiasm'
- 'Very well and concisely presented - with infectious enthusiasm - that's the most encouraging factor'
- 'Team work'
- 'I get it! Thank you - change is always resisted - but keep saying what you are saying 'child led assessment !'
- 'Love the take you have of the new National Curriculum. Look forward to seeing it continue in action :-)'
- 'Proud that you are taking levels away'
- 'Made me feel like I will be able to support my children sufficiently through their education'
- 'Great enthusiasm and great show of teamwork'
- 'Informative and upbeat. Thank you. Reassuring it's not going to be so different'
- 'You are all very passionate about what you do and that comes across'
- 'Engaging and animated presentations'
- 'Enthusiastic and encouraging'
We also received some helpful comments about what more support and information parents would like.
- making the evening a little longer to allow even more time for questions and answers
- some handouts ... we will be putting the presentation up on to the website. Over the coming months we will also be holding two focus evenings with more detail on English and Maths
The video clip explaining the rationale that was included in the powerpoint presentation can be seen by pasting the link below into your browser.